It’s February and love is in the air and although Valentine’s Day is on a Monday (boo!) that doesn’t mean you can’t spend time with your sweetheart doing something fun Before the holidays. And for those who are single, there are plenty of events and activities to attend. Who knows, you might meet your perfect Mr. or Miss, or even find a great friend.
Check out these 19 events taking place in Greeley, Loveland and around the NoCo area for the week of February 5-11, 2022.
Do you have an upcoming event that you think would be a perfect addition to the weekly Go+Do list? Send the date, time, a description of the event and other relevant information to Tamara Markard at [email protected] for review.
Saturday February 5
1. The High Plains Environmental Center monthly bird banding and walk is scheduled for 9 a.m. at 2698 Bluestem Willow Drive in Loveland. Attendees will be able to watch a bird banding demonstration by Scott Rashid, director of the Colorado Avian Research and Rehabilitation Center. Depending on the number of birds, participants may also be able to hold the birds before they are released. The walk will be led by veteran birder Sheila Webber. Admission to the event is $10 per person and all ages are welcome. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3odGQIQ.
2. G Town Throwdown 2 is scheduled for 1 p.m. at Island Grove Regional Park, 501 N. 14th Ave. with amateur boxing sanctioned by the United States. Weigh-ins take place from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and the first bell rings at 1 p.m. Admission is $15 per person at the door. For more information, call (970) 373-8711.
3. Enjoy an afternoon of music at the Stars of Greeley Children’s Choir Concert at 3 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 917 10th Ave., Greeley. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children at the door. All ages are welcome to attend. For more information, call (970) 371-2569.
4. Calling all avid readers and thriller fans! John A. Daly’s book launch party for “Restitution” will be at 6:00 p.m. at the Kress Cinema and Lounge, 817 8th Ave. The book is the fifth in Daly’s Sean Coleman thriller series and Daly will be on hand to chat with attendees and sign copies of books. The free event is open to all ages. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3gaQCXS.
Sunday February 6
5. The Boulder Dixieland Jazz Festival will take place at 1 p.m. at the Avalon Ballroom, 6185 Arapahoe Road, Boulder. The theme for the concert is Love is in the Air — Love in Jazz and Lance Christensen will lead the band. Admission is $8 for Boulder Friends of Jazz members, $10 for non-members, and $2 for students. Masks and proof of vaccination required to attend. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3AOuE6H.
6. Celebrate the start of the Winter Olympics in a different way at the 2022 Beer Olympics — Board Games Tournament hosted by Wiley Roots at 1 p.m. at 625 3rd St., Greeley. Attendees can participate in water pong games and darts for a chance to win gift cards and free beer. There is no charge to play and the event is open to adults 21 and older. For more information, call the brewery at (970) 515-7315.
Tuesday February 8
7. Join WeldWerks Brewing Co. and the Kress Cinema for a special screening of “Before Sunrise” at 7 p.m. at the theater located at 817 8th Ave. Attendees can sample featured beers and socialize with theater and brewery staff during the event. Tickets are $8 per person and the event is open to adults 18 and older. For more information, visit www.kresscinema.com.
Wednesday February 9
8. The UNC Collegiate Symphony Orchestra is scheduled to perform under Dr. Russell Guyver at 7:30 p.m. at Campus Commons, 1021 22nd St. The concert is the first of 2022 and all ages are welcome. Tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for seniors 65 and older, $8 for non-UNC students, and $5 for UNC students with school ID. For more information, go to https://tickets.unco.edu/Online/default.asp.
Thursday February 10
9. Turn your old ceramic pieces into new works of art during Art Class for Adults of All Levels: Repurposed Ceramics hosted by the Loveland Museum at 1 p.m. at the Beet Education Center, 201 E. 5th St. in Loveland. Bring any ceramic piece from home and instructor Pat Saunders-White will teach you how to change its appearance using alcohol ink. The class is open to guests ages 16 and up and includes all supplies and instruction. Admission is $50 per person for non-museum members and $40 per person for museum members. Registration is mandatory and can be done by going to https://bit.ly/3GnX9t6.
10. Museum at Twilight is scheduled for 4 p.m. at the Greeley History Museum, 714 8th St. The event will include refreshments, talks, stories and more for adults, teens and kids of all ages. Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors 60 and over, $5 for children 3-17, and children under 3 are free. For more information, visit www.greeleymuseums.com.
11. Get a jump on finding the perfect gift for your darling by attending Valentine’s Day Sip and Shop at 5pm at the Sugar Mill Antiques and Vintage Depot, 13788 Pacific Circle, Mead. Take advantage of sales, gifts and gift ideas while enjoying a drink. For more information, call the store at (303) 532-6496.
12. The University of Northern Colorado College of Performing and Visual Arts kicks off its production of “These Shining Lives” at 7:30 p.m. at the Norton Theater, Gray Hall, 1828 10th Ave. Set in the 1920s, the story centers on the women who work at Radium Dial Company and their lawsuit against the company. The production is rated PG with some adult situations. Tickets are $19 for adults, $17 for seniors 65 and older, $17 for staff and faculty, and $14 for non-UNC students. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3KZDumE.
Friday February 11
13. Start the weekend off right at the Sweetheart Chocolate and Beer Pairing from 4-8 p.m. at the Desk Chair Workspace, 201 E. 4th St., Loveland. Participants will be treated to three beer tastings from local breweries paired with 3 chocolates from Loveland Chocolate. The event will also feature live music. Adults 21 and older are welcome and tickets are $20 per person. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/32MSHWZ.
14. The Windsor Gardener hosts Sip and Shop from 5-7 p.m. at 6461 State Highway 392, Windsor. Come and enjoy an evening of shopping and drink pairings for a fun night out. The free event is open to adults 21 and older. For more information, visit www.thewindsorgardener.com.
15. See amazing Western photography while enjoying dinner at An Evening with Chris Dickinson at 6 p.m. at the Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch at 2939 N. County Road 31D, Loveland. Dickinson is a photography teacher who travels to capture Western culture and life. Tickets are $35.78 per person, including tax or tip, and the event is open to all ages. For more information or to purchase tickets, go to https://conta.cc/3reHKGR.
16. Meet your Valentine at Game of Love: Valentine’s Speed Dating at 7 p.m. at Stella’s Pinball Arcade and Lounge, 802 9th St. Entrants will spend five minutes with a number of eligible daters to see if there are any a correspondence. People who log in will receive an email at the end of the event. The event is open to adults 18 and older and admission is $10 per person. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3HhBaoB.
17. Flatland Cavalry is scheduled to take the stage at the Grizzly Rose at 8 p.m. at 5450 N. Valley Highway, Denver. Hailing from Lubbock, Texas, the band plays a mix of country and American music, led by frontman Cleto Cordero. The event is open to adults 18 and older. Tickets are $15 per person for general admission. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3KYHHa2.
18. The 2022 Loveland Sweetheart Festival begins at 5 p.m. at Foundry Plaza at 2nd and 3rd Streets between Lincoln and Cleveland Avenues in downtown Loveland with a light show, performances, candy palace, kids’ zone and more. The free festival is open to all ages of adults, teens and children. Come with family, friends or alone. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/35EERHf.
19. Enjoy an early Valentine’s Day at the Millennium Event Center‘s Valentine Dance 2022 with Presidio and special guest Los 7 de la Kumbia at 8 p.m. at 815 10th St., Greeley. The event will feature live music, drink specials, and opportunities to mix and mingle. Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the door with the option to reserve tables for an additional fee. The event is open to adults 21 and older. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3gb9xBR.