COLUMBIA, Missouri – After a weekend in Jacksonville, Fla., Including a thrilling overtime victory over SMU, the Mizzou men’s basketball team returns to Mizzou Arena on Friday, November 26 against Wichita State. The game is scheduled for 8 p.m. on SEC Network, with Mizzou alumnus Tom Hart and Mark Wise on the broadcast team.
Matt Michaels and Brad Loos will have the radio call for Tiger Radio Network. The complete list of affiliated radios is available here.
THE TITLES OF MIZZOU
- Kobe Brown is enjoying an exceptional junior season, leading the SEC in field goal percentage (0.630) and having the best team score with 16.0 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
- Brown has scored in double digits in every game this season, including a career-high 24 points against SMU.
- Ronnie DeGray III continues to be a spark off the bench for the Tigers, averaging 11.4 points and 6.6 rebounds per game averaging three offensive boards per game.
- Despite the tournament ending against a tough team from Florida State, Mizzou showed what his offense is capable of in a second-half comeback against SMU.
- The Tigers went into the final 10 minutes of the game against SMU until 13, before leveling the game with 30 seconds remaining and beating the Mustangs 18-13 in overtime.
- Mizzou went 12 of 12 to the charity strip in the final 10 minutes of the game plus overtime.
- The once dormant Tigers-Shockers series resumed last year for the first meeting between the two programs since 1951.
- Mizzou scored 10 road points last season against Wichita State, which went on to advance to the 2021 NCAA tournament. Brown scored 14 in the game and tallied seven rebounds.
- Prior to last season, the two programs had not faced each other since 1951.
- Missouri hold the all-time 4-0 lead in the series, including three wins in Colombia.
WICHITA STATE SCOUTING
- Friday’s game will be a clash against disjointed teams, with both teams holding their opponents to an average of under 69 points per game.
- Tyson Etienne, AAC 2021 Co-Player of the Year, continues to stand out for the Shockers. He enters Friday’s game averaging 18.8 points per game. He leads the American with 3.25 three-pointers per game.
- Wichita State is coming off a rough weekend, where they abandoned an overtime contest against Arizona before escaping with a win over UNLV on Etienne’s pair of free throws with three seconds left.
Mizzou has back-to-back home games with a November 29 game against Paul Quinn College. The match is scheduled for 7 p.m. on SECN +.
FOLLOW THE TIGERS
For all the latest information on Mizzou Men’s Basketball, please visit MUTigers.com. For last minute updates, follow the Tigers on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @MizzouHoops. Fans should call 1-800-CAT-PAWS for tickets or purchase online today!