Citizens of Sarasota and Manatee County can begin voting in person early in the Aug. 23 primary election Saturday.
Anyone registered to vote in Florida can vote early in person if they wish.
In Sarasota County, early voting will take place daily from Saturday, August 13 through Sunday, August 21, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
More election news:COVID-19 Concerns Drive Conservative Efforts to Win Sarasota Hospital Board Seats
And:What do the candidates for the Sarasota City Commission have to say about affordable housing and the SPAC?
Sarasota County voters can vote early at any of the following locations:
- Office of Elections, Sarasota County Terrace Building, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota.
- Elections Office, RL Anderson Building, Room 114, 4000 Tamiami Trail South, Venice.
- Office of Elections, Biscayne Plaza, 13640 Tamiami Trail, North Port.
- North Sarasota Public Library, 2801 Newtown Blvd, Sarasota.
- Fruitville Public Library, 100 Apex Road, Sarasota.
- The Devyn Event Center, 7113 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota.
In Manatee County, early voting will take place daily from Saturday, August 13 through Saturday, August 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. County voters can vote in advance polls at any of the following locations:
- Lakewood Ranch Town Hall, 8175 Lakewood Ranch Blvd, Lakewood Ranch.
- Manatee County Utilities Administrative Office, 4410 66th St. West, Bradenton.
- Palmetto Library, 923 6th St. West, Palmetto.
- Rocky Bluff Library, 6750 US Highway 301, Ellenton.
- Elections Office Supervisor, 600 301 Blvd. West, Bradenton.
Voters must bring a valid, up-to-date photo ID with signature when they go to vote. These identifiers include:
- Driver’s license in Florida
- Florida ID card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- American passport
- Debit or credit card
- Military ID card
- Student card
- retreat center ID
- Neighborhood Association ID
- Public Support ID
- Veterans Health Identification Card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- Concealed weapon permit.
- Employee identification card issued by a branch, department, or agency of the federal, state, county, or municipality
Absentee voting is also underway in Florida. Sarasota County voters who want to learn more about this process can visit SarasotaVotes.gov/VotebyMail or call 941-861-8618. Manatee County voters looking for mail-in voting information can visit votemanatee.com or call 941-741-3823.