“We take our responsibility as an employer seriously,” said Sumegha Kumar, director of customer processing operations in Canada for Amazon Canada. “Amazon Canada employs over 25,000 Canadians, and we are proud to create another 15,000 great jobs at a time when they are needed in Canada, with increased compensation for our incredible employees across our fulfillment, transportation and logistics networks – from Victoria To Dartmouth. “
Amazon Canada will hire 15,000 full-time and part-time employees throughout the fall. Full-time and part-time employees will also receive a supplement $ 1.60 – $ 2.20 per hour, from now on, regardless of their seniority in the company.
Health and Benefits
At Amazon, every full-time employee, regardless of position, level or seniority, has access to the same benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Salaries $ 17 per hour at $ 21.65 per hour, with a $ 100 bonus for new and current employees who show proof of vaccination
- Comprehensive health benefits from day one with no waiting period
- RRSP matching
- Stock units
- Special Kids & Company packages including a guaranteed place in Kids & Company daycares within six months of registration, a 10% reduction on the monthly school fees in the center, waived registration fees, childcare options ” support and access to workshops and virtual events
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan provided by LifeWorks and available 24/7 to help Amazon employees and their families feel supported – over the phone, online and in person
- Access to developmental training programs that meet employees where they are, thanks to Amazon’s commitment to invest $ 75 million to train 100,000 Amazonians by 2025
- Additional paid parental leave benefits for eligible employees
All eligible full-time employees have access to Amazon Career choice, an innovative program specially designed to help those interested in pursuing a future in a field in high demand by covering up to 95% of tuition fees.
“As a mother of six, Amazon’s flexible work hours and advancement opportunities have helped me grow at home and at work,” said Patrice thomson, Processing Assistant at Amazon Canada. “I enrolled in the Career Choice program to further my education and today I can say with pride that I graduated from the Transportation and Logistics program of Sheridan College. ”
Amazon hosts its first Canadian edition of Career Day on September 15th. The event will give job seekers an overview of the operations, business and technology positions currently open across the country, with a variety of panel sessions, speaking engagements and fireside discussions. Anyone can register for free by visiting amazoncareerday.com.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than focus on competitors, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, the world’s best employer, and the world’s safest workplace. Customer reviews, one-click purchases, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios and The Climate Les pledges are some of the things that Amazon has come up with. For more information visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
View source version on businesswire.com:
Photo and video gallery
Photos and videos
SOURCE Amazon Canada
For more information: Media hotline: [email protected], www.amazon.com/pr